Little Go 0.11.1 has made it into the App Store yesterday. I decided to make this bugfix release now, and not wait another month for 0.12.0, so that I could get the fix for a very annoying bug out to "my" users. The full story can be found on the GitHub issue tracker.
A long time ago I decided that I would never ever watch another movie directed by Roland Emmerich. Not every movie on my menu must be super quality, plain good entertainment is usually OK, and sometimes I even enjoy to see trash films. But I always felt insulted by the stuff made by Emmerich because he seems to assume that the viewers of his movies (e.g.
Little Go 0.11.0 has been published on the App Store on April 23 2013, almost 4 weeks ago. For some reason I completely forgot to write this announcement, and I also forgot to update the
develop branches on GitHub. I just fixed this a few minutes ago...
The project page for Little Go has moved to http://littlego.herzbube.ch/. The new site is hosted by GitHub Pages, accordingly the site source files can be found in this gh-pages branch. The only resources for the Little Go project that are still on my private server are the third-party software tar balls required to build Little Go.
This is the workflow Apple envisioned when they introduced the annoying quarantine flag back in the days of Mac OS X 10.4:
- User A downloads an archive (.dmg, .tar.gz, etc.) from the Internet. The system applies the quarantine flag to the archive file.
- User A extracts an application from the archive and places it into
/Applications. The system infects the app bundle passes the quarantine flag on to the app bundle.
- User A launches the application. The system warns about the unsafe origin of the app.
- User A confirms that the app is safe to use. The system clears the quarantine flag. Problem solved.
Unfortunately, my workflow is slightly different: Click the "Read more" link to see what the problem is.
python-aprmd5 0.2.1 has no functional changes, it just includes a patch for a more comfortable build without having to manually edit
setup.py. The patch was contributed by Juan A. Diaz - thanks Juan!
I took this opportunity to move the project to GitHub. A small project page stub remains here on herzbube.ch that lets me host the source distribution tar balls for each release.
If you like a bit of computer science entertainment, this StackOverflow question has a humorous treatment of a very real world problem that I am sure has affected all of us, more or less severely.